Saturday, December 6, 2008

'Tis the Season

I've been getting more into the Christmas spirit this past week. On Wednesday, my mom and her sister Ella Mae and I (and Joshua) went to A Victorian Country Christmas at the Puyallup fair grounds. It's basically just like the Fair, only smaller and most of the booths sell Christmas related things. We had fun walking up and down the aisles looking at all the booths. Joshua did really well in his stroller, just chillin' out and watching the crowds around him. We all went to singing/dance concert and then had dinner before walking through more booths. Seeing all the Christmas decorations helped us all get in the mood and I started getting excited for Christmas.

That evening, while we were there, Adam was at home bringing in the Christmas decorations from the garage and setting up the tree. Tonight while Adam was at work, I was inspired to finish putting up the decorations. I put on the Christmas music channel on TV and decorated the tree and put some other decorations around. I'm keeping it pretty minimal this year, partly because I'm not looking forward to putting it all away, and mostly because I'm having some back problems and didn't want to be up and about for very long.

Joshua had fun helping me. He was especially helpful in stacking and unstacking the various boxes. He also had fun with my Santa hat.


He thought it was quite the fun game to yank off the hat as quickly as he could after I put it on and throw it as far as he could. I had to act fast to try and get some pictures of him in the hat.


Like this picture. This cracked us up! I think this was after he had a little too much egg nog, if you know what I mean :)

So now our house is decorated and I'm feeling a little more festive. 'Tis the season to be jolly!

1 comment:

Christina said...

When we put our decorations out, we were both asking, "why do we torture ourselves every year by putting out all these decorations?" We decided it is because by the next year, you have forgotten what a pain it is!!!