Saturday, August 22, 2009

Surprise!

One of the worries I had in moving to San Antonio this summer was finding a new OB and making sure I had the continued prenatal care I needed. I was able to find a new doctor (that was accepting new patients and had appointments available within the next week) relatively easily, and I went for my first appointment this past Tuesday. When the doctor said it was time to listen to the baby's heartbeat, he said, "Oh wait, you're almost 20 weeks. Let's do an ultrasound." YAY! I love being able to see pictures of our baby, especially since we would be able to find out the gender of the baby, too. I was hoping to be able to at least schedule an ultrasound at this appointment, but instead, we got to do it that day. We had to wait a little bit longer than they originally thought for the sonogram room to be available, but it all worked out because it gave Adam time to get there on his way home from work. It was also Adam's birthday, so seeing pictures of our little baby was a nice little birthday present.

The doctor was very informative in telling us what we were looking at and what he was measuring. All measurements looked good for the gestational age, so that was good to know, especially since I haven't really been gaining any weight yet during this pregnancy. It's good to know the baby is still growing as it should. The doctor asked if we wanted to know the gender, and we said YES! He said it was a girl! We are very excited to welcome a baby girl into our family.



This is a very close up profile of our baby girl's face with her hand below it.



This is looking right at the face and head (on the left) and the body. I guess. This one is a little harder for me to make out, but that's what the doctor said, and I trust him.

Like I said, we are VERY EXCITED to know we are having a girl!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Congrats!!! But beware, girl clothes are soooooooooo cute- you may end up spending way too much money on PINK!

Unknown said...

A baby girl! How sweet!