Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Halloween

Halloween is always a struggle because Josh never likes to wear costumes. He even picked out his Thomas costume this year, and when we got home and went to try it on, he didn't want anything to do with it. We wrestled it on him, and it took a little while for him to get used to it before he would stop messing with it. Even after he was used to it, he didn't want to put it back on for Trunk or Treat or to go to school on Halloween day. The boy was just not made for Halloween, I guess. We did have fun at the ward Trunk or Treat. Adam had to work, so I left our candy bowl in the back of our Jeep and took the kids around the parking lot.


Josh actually had a lot of fun. In years past he hasn't really gotten the whole concept of trick or treating, but this year, everything clicked and he loved going from car to car, holding out his pumpkin and saying "Trick or treat!" Lucy had fun walking around, too. I don't think she knew what was going on, but she got to wear a pretty dress that she loved and everyone we passed kept commenting on what a cute little witch she was.

Josh had school on Halloween day. Lucy and I stayed for the Halloween parade the school did. It was cute to see all the kids in their costumes. Unfortunately, the video I took was lost when I was having issues updating my phone later. Boo. But I did get some pictures of his class and teacher.


We didn't go trick or treating that night because Adam had to work and I didn't want to take the kids out by myself. I wish I had, though. I think Josh would have really enjoyed it (finally). Definitely next year!

No comments: