Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My little corner of Etsy

I've been wanting to do this for about 6 months or so, and this past week, I finally did it. I opened my own shop on Etsy.

When I was a little girl, my maternal grandma taught me how to crochet, and I have loved it every since. Over the years I've learned more stitches and with lots of practive, have gotten pretty good. There was the lady on my mission who taught me how to do granny squares. Then there was Jen and Cheryl in my ward at BYU after my mission who taught me how to read crochet patterns and taught me some cool things.

I often crochet when watching TV. It somehow makes me feel more productive. Over the years I've made quite a few full-size afghans and baby afghans. I have given some of them away to friends for weddings or for their babies, and I've made a couple of baby afghans for Joshua. Last year a friend of mine started selling homemade, over-sized baby blankets on Etsy and I got an idea. I should try to make some extra money by doing what I love and try to sell my extra afghans! The idea mulled around in my head for a while, and these past few months I've been building up my baby afghan inventory. Finally last week I signed up and opened my shop. It is called ladybugcrochet, and you can see it at this link: http://ladybugcrochet.etsy.com

So, if you are ever in need of a unique, handmade gift for a baby shower or for just because, take a look-see at my shop and see if there is anything that fits your needs. Tell your friends, tell your neighbors!

2 comments:

Jess said...

Wow, those are beautiful, and so reasonably priced - I will definitely keep you in mind! You should sell them for more! What a neat talent; thanks for sharing!

Tim and Angie said...

Good for you. You do create beautiful afghans!! Congrats and good luck!