Thursday, August 5, 2010

Big Shoes to Fill



Josh was playing around with Adam's shoes the other day. He likes to put them on his feet and try to walk around in them. Well, it's more like clunking around in them, but Josh thinks it's highly entertaining. Josh is physically more like his dad than he is like me, and I know one day (sooner than I will be ready for, I'm sure) he will grow up and his feet will actually be able to fit into those shoes.

But more than just filling out his daddy's shoes, I hope Josh grows up to be like his dad in other ways, too. To really walk in his daddy's shoes, Josh will need to love his family and be willing to work hard to support them. He will need to have a hunger for knowledge and be willing to study things out that he wants to learn about. He will need to have a testimony of Jesus Christ and His gospel. He will need to have a great sense of humor and a sense of adventure to try new things. It's seems like a lot that Josh needs to learn if he want to fill his daddy's shoes, but he also has a great example to follow. I love Josh, and I hope he grows up to be just like his daddy.

1 comment:

the sheldons said...

Awwwww, that was a sweet post, Lisa. Joshua does have a great daddy as an example of who to become.