Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Holy crap...

...we're really doing this.

Tonight we booked a flight for me to go down to San Antonio with Adam when his boss sends him down to find housing. We're going July 6-10. We also booked our (one-way!) flights for our big move. It's August 4th. YIKES! It's really happening.

Side note: Alaska Airlines has a new direct flight from Seattle to Austin starting August 3rd. They have some screamin' deals right now for the first couple months of the route. We got tickets for all three of us for less than my round-trip ticket in July. So if anyone wants to visit us (hint, hint) book now on Alaska for August or September :)

4 comments:

Steven said...

How exciting! I hope the Texas heat doesn't scare you off when you visit in July. I imagine it's like moving in Arizona during the summer, which I did two years ago. It almost killed me even though I was just moving from Phoenix to Tucson and was use to the heat. There's something about moving in August. Best of Luck! I haven't had any job confirmations yet, but I just applied in San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, as well as a number of other places.

Anonymous said...

Wow,good luck with finding a place, packing, moving, all of that stuff. Seattle to Texas is a big change. I hope everything works out well for you guys.

AdamOndi said...

Steven,

I am a little worried about the heat, but I will just have to get over it, I guess. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

That would be awesome if you got a job in San Antonio or even Austin, which is only about an hour away. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that!

Steven said...

Do you have to move yourself or is your company moving you? I'm guessing that the company is since you are flying in August, but maybe when you said we, you meant Lisa and Joshua.

Regarding the heat, this will most likely be your worst year as you are not acclimatized. That is the worst part about moving right in the heat of the summer. It should get better each year as you realize that outdoor time means Oct-April and not May-Sept.
August is usually really hot as there tends to be more rain and the humidity rises above 4%.