Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sad, But Funny

One of my favorite things in the world is when I get home from work, walk in the door from the garage, and I am greeted by Lisa saying to Joshua, "Who's that? Who is it?" followed by a smiling, running, and delighted hug and subsequent kiss from Joshua. It is delightful.

And then, there was yesterday afternoon. I got home, walked in the door from the garage, heard Lisa say, "Who is it?" and then, nothing. Joshua was busy watching Blue's Clues. After a little bit of coaxing, I finally got him to come over to me. I was expecting the usual hug and kiss. Instead, Joshua got within about three feet of me, and then dove on the cat (Molly, in this case) who had come over to stand in front of me. It's always good to know where I stand on Joshua's importance list:

1. Mom
2. Blue's Clues
3. Curious George
4. Cats
5. Dad (unless there happens to be a dog somewhere in the vicinity, at which point I go down another notch)

No comments: