Friday, April 3, 2009

It's Been Long Enough

Well, after seeing that neither Lisa nor I had posted anything on the blog since March 19th, I decided it was time for another post to keep everyone updated.

The San Antonio Relocation stuff is in a holding pattern right now. We know all of the details of what the company is willing to pay for and we know what we need to do to get our stuff ready--mostly getting the house ready to rent out. We are looking at our rental options for our house here. If we can find someone that we know and trust to treat the place well, then we will act as absentee landlords. If we can't find someone that will treat the place well, then we will have to go with a rental management agency. I really want to avoid this if possible, since it would mean less rental revenue each month. However, if that's what we have to do, then we will do it.

Stuff down in San Antonio is looking pretty good. I have found internet listings for several different places that would meet our needs, and would fit our budget. I have no idea what they are like in real life, but I will be flying down there pretty soon to get that part sorted out. You know, check out neighborhoods, see how loud the planes flying overhead are, see if we are likely to be shot in the face in the neighborhoods where I have seen rental listings, etc.

This has been the Winter of Illness in our household, and the official onset of Spring did nothing to stem the flow of viral issues. Joshua picked up a cold and a nasty cough (that was later determined to be croup) from some of the kids that Lisa babysits. After a trip to the pediatrician and instructions on how to treat the croup effectively at home, he is doing much better. Thank goodness. He is such a happy, fun little guy when he is not sick, and I miss that when he is not feeling well. Also, I picked up whatever nasty bug started Joshua's cold and croup issues. Since adults almost never get croup, I didn't have to worry about that. However, it resulted in just about the worst head cold I have ever had. All the congestion and runny nose issues were very annoying. Thankfully, it looks like much of that has passed, and my ears are the only congested area still (which makes everything sound like I have cotton balls in my ears). But with the help of some Sudafed--the real stuff that you have to ask the pharmacist for now--and a couple of sick days from work, this is clearing up.

It is fun to see things starting to come back to life around the house. The tulip bulbs I planted a year and a half ago are sprouting lots of tulips, the daffodils are coming up again, and the rose bushes are starting to get their groove on. Which reminds me... I need to prune those bad boys before they get too much going. We plan on replanting the lawn within the next couple of weeks so that all the spring rain can give it a good, healthy head start for the summer. I hope that whoever rents our house when we move will appreciate and enjoy all the work that we are going to have to do in the yard.

No comments: