Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Visiting

While we were home for Christmas vacation we were able to see some old friends and visit with extended family. One night we went to Dean and Michelle's house. Sean and Anika came, too. We met little Leah for the first time, and found out that Anika is pregnant again. Soon we will all have two kids. It has been fun to watch each of our little families grow. I forgot to bring my camera that night, so I copied these pictures from Anika's blog. (I hope you don't mind, Anika!)



Terryn giving Lucy loves.




















Terryn and Kara had fun playing together. As you can see in the background, Josh only had eyes for the train set. I believe I have already mentioned that he is a little obsessed...



The whole gang together. We all knew each other in the Singles Branch, but since we've all been married, I don't think we've lived near each other for more than 6 months at a time. Dean and Michelle were off at school in Iowa for a few years, and now that they are back in Washington, we are in Texas, and Sean and Anika are in Vietnam. I'm so glad we are still able to get together when we're all home for holidays and things like that.

I was also able to spend an afternoon with my mom's sisters and my girl cousins on my mom's side. They always crack my up when we hang out. I love being able to spend time with them playing games, eating good food and talking and laughing. Alas, no pictures :(

I got to go do a puzzle with my good friend Megan from our old ward in Spanaway. I was great to just sit and talk while we did the puzzle and catch up on each other's lives. I miss being able to talk to her all the time.

I also go to spend an afternoon with some old friends that I grew up with. Alycia, Katherine, Beverli and I were in the same ward growing up, and I was roommates with Alicia and Katherine for a few years at college. When I got back from college, I taught seminary with Bev for the last few months of the school year. Alycia and Bev were bridesmaids at my wedding. We haven't all been in the same room together for many years now, and since Bev and I were in town for Christmas, we decided to have a little get together. It was so much fun!! We made pizzas for lunch, and just talked and talked and talked. And played a little Nertz, too.


I love catching up with old friends!

No comments: