Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

I've been a little late in getting this New Year's post done, mostly because my New Year's consisted mainly of sitting on the couch coughing, sniffling, blowing my nose, and holding a very snuggly Joshua who was going through the same thing. We're getting a little better now, but I'm still feeling congested and Joshua still isn't his usual playful self yet.

Luckily, Adam didn't have to work terribly late on New Year's Eve delivering pizzas like we thought he might, so he was home around 10pm and we were able to celebrate the coming of the New Year together. We managed to barely stay up until midnight and watched the fireworks from the Space Needle on TV. A friend had invited us to her New Year's Eve party, which I really wanted to go to, but I just wasn't feeling up to being out in public.

Some thoughts about this past year:
* Arizona is awesome in January.
* The Caribbean is even more awesome in January.
* Trying to install a simple new faucet in your bathroom can become quite the project (that still isn't completely done yet).
* 31 isn't so bad.
* Watching friends grieve just plain sucks.
* I am so thankful for modern medicine and awesome surgeons and Childrens Hospital.
* I am also very thankful for health insurance.
* Kids are amazingly resilient.
* Having a 1-year-old is pretty fun.
* Having a toddler is even more fun, if by fun you mean constantly chasing him around the house.
* Who knew fireworks were illegal in Yakima County?
* Road trips are possible, and even fun, with a 15-month-old.
* Family vacations are lots of fun.
* I LOVE MY FAMILY!!
* I like watching the Olympics.
* Celebrating the 10th anniversary of leaving for my mission makes me feel kind of old.
* Oh, yeah, the elections.
* I love my hard-working husband! He works very hard to support us and I am so grateful for all he does for me and Joshua.
* Back pain is no fun, but chiropractors are awesome!
* Snow, snow and more snow.
* I love spending the holidays with family.
* Mostly, I am so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ that gives perspective to my life, my wonderful husband, my happy little boy, my loving family and extended family, and my great friends. You all add something very special to my life and I am grateful for all you teach me.

My resolutions for this New Year:
* Be a better wife and mother.
* Be a more organized homemaker.
* Prioritize things that matter most.
* Be more healthy.

Here's to hoping this New Year is better for everyone than 2008 was!

No comments: