Monday, January 5, 2009

Owie

I woke up this morning to ringing in my right ear, and then after a while, my ear developed tinny, dissonant overtones, and everyone started sounding like robots (which sounds like it would be cool, but it's mostly annoying). So I went to the doctor this afternoon and apparently I have an ear infection in my right ear. It still hurts. A LOT. I got antibiotics for the infection and narcotics for the pain. Hopefully tonight I can get more than the scattered 4 hours of sleep I got last night.

I can't remember the last time I had an ear infection. I have renewed sympathies for little kids who get ear infections, especially if they are not old enough to talk or tell you how bad it hurts. You can usually tell when they start tugging on their ears that something is wrong, and they usually get antibiotics, but they still have to suffer through the pain. Poor babies!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I am so sorry! I used to get ear infections all the time, and I finally got surgery on my ear my senior year of high school- so I really do feel your pain, and it is NOT fun!!! Get well soon!!!

lisapants said...

Yikes Christina! I'm glad you got that taken care of. I can't imaging trying to go to school and function with an ear infection.

Luckily, the drugs are working and I don't feel as much pressure or pain today, so YAY!

Tim and Angie said...

So, I finally got around to changing my link to your blog. Your baby is getting very big. I bet Chrismtas was a lot more fun this year with a little one who can really enjoy it. It looks like you had a lot of family around, that's always great too. Sorry about the earache. That does sound like it's painful. I've never had an earache. I'm glad you're feeling better. Moms should always feel well because there are no breaks for them.