Saturday, January 10, 2009

Lingering Effects

Joshua and Lisa both had colds this past week and a half or so. Joshua got better and seemed to be doing fine, while Lisa was still suffering and eventually developed an ear infection. And then around midnight on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, I was awakened by the sound of Joshua coughing so hard that he threw up, coming over the baby monitor. So I went in and cleaned him up and cuddled him to try to help him get back to sleep. He was also breathing really shallowly. While he did eventually get back to sleep, the cough stayed -- and got worse. Then it was joined by a fever that was manageable with acetaminophen, but it didn't go away. So Lisa took Joshua into the Urgent Care center to get checked out. Looks like his cold may have turned into pneumonia.

I don't know what was up with the sickness that Lisa and Joshua both had (and I luckily avoided altogether), but its lingering effects really suck. Since the Urgent Care center closes at 11:00 PM, they sent Lisa and Joshua over to the ER at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital for further treatment. I didn't get off of work until a little after 9:00 PM, and so I have just been here at home getting periodic updates from Lisa, hoping that everything will turn out okay. This sucks.

1 comment:

Christina said...

That really stinks! I haven't heard Audra throw up from the baby monitor yet, and I don't look forward to that day! How scary! I hope they both get better VERY soon, and that you don't catch it!