Monday, February 8, 2010

Lucy's Blessing Day

Yesterday was Lucy's blessing day. It was very different from Joshua's blessing day in that we didn't have any extended family with us, but it was still a great day for our little family. Adam's mom made Lucy's blessing dress, and it is beautiful! The blessing itself was very special. I am so grateful for Adam and that he is a worthy priesthood holder and is able to bless our children and family. I have to admit, in trying to keep Josh still and quiet during the blessing, it was hard to pay attention to everything that was said. A friend of mine came up to me before Sunday School started and gave me an outline of the blessing that she had written down for me, for which I am very grateful! She knew it is hard to listen and keep kids quiet at the same time.

Being a parent is not always easy, but it's days like this that help me remember just how special our children are and what great responsibility we have as parents to teach these little ones that our Heavenly Father has entrusted us with. I am constantly making mistakes, but everyday is a new start and I hope I can improve each day and be able to effectively teach my children the things they need to know.






























































1 comment:

Christina said...

She looks beautiful! I love blessing days- they are definitely days to never be forgotten!