Saturday, February 6, 2010

The past three weeks

Little Lucy turned 3 weeks old on Wednesday. In some ways it seems like a short time, but when I think about everything that has happened in the past three weeks, it seems like it should have taken longer. And sorry if nothing I say makes sense for a while. I am functioning on very little sleep :) Adam was able to take a week off of work after Lucy was born. We have had lots of fun with Adam's parents visiting the day after Lucy was born. They stayed a week and then the day they flew home, my mom flew out here for another week. Well, she was supposed to stay a week, but I wasn't ready for her to go, so she stayed three more days longer. It was great having family members around to help for a couple weeks. I definitely needed it. One of my worries before Lucy was born was how I was going to be able to handle the needs of a newborn and a two-and-a-half-year-old at the same time. It was great to have grandparents around for a couple weeks to keep Josh entertained while I got used to having a newborn again. This past week was my first week with the kids by myself. Some days were harder than others, but we all survived. I know we'll all get better at this as we take the time to adjust to all the changes. Josh is warming up more and more to his little sister and now likes to touch her hair and give her kisses on her head.

Here are some pictures from the past three weeks.

Four days old.



One week old.





Three weeks old.







I LOVE these socks that look like shoes!



We love our little Lucy!


1 comment:

Christina said...

She is beautiful! I hope you are able to get some sleep- it is SOOOOOOOO hard the first three months, and then it is slightly less hard. Good luck!