Tuesday, November 11, 2008

18 months old

Joshua is now 18 months old, and we all know what that means: NURSERY!!



This past Sunday was his first day going to nursery all by himself. The week before, Adam went in and stayed with him for the two hours, and Joshua didn't have any problems at all. He loves playing with the toys, and this week as soon as he saw them, he ran in the room and started playing. He didn't care if we were there with him or not. During sharing time in Primary when I didn't have to play the piano, I would sneak a peak at him through the windows in the nursery door, and he was doing fine, playing with toys and trying to find kids to play with him. I had a big parenting moment as I saw his future flash before my eyes as I thought about all the life experiences he is going to go through all throughout his life, starting now, as he makes friends and learns how to socialize with kids. I thought about all the lessons he is going to have to learn on his own, without me there, like the acceptance and (sometimes) rejection from his peers and how to deal with it all. It tugged at my heart to know he's going to be hurt sometimes, but I know it's necessary for him to grow and learn and be a better person. It just all became reality as I stood there, peeking into the nursery. I hope I can be a good parent and prepare him for the challenges of life.

Anyway, here are a few recent pictures of our little 18-month-old.





A couple weeks ago I hosted a baby shower at our house for my cousin's wife. Joshua loves playing with the leftover balloons. Hours of entertainment!







Joshua likes playing with his little magna-doodle thingy. (Actually, it's Adam's toy that he got a few years ago to try and keep himself entertained during church.) He's getting the hang of holding the stylus and scribbling.

It is so much fun to watch him learn and process new information. You can almost see the wheels turning in that big noggin' of his. He's a cutie, and we love him!!

5 comments:

TDawgYo said...

He is a cutie. Make no mistake about that.

Christina said...

We have one more week until nursery- and we can't wait! But, you are right- it is hard seeing them grow up!!!

lisapants said...

Tashina - Thanks!

Christina - I hope Audra does well in nursery!

the sheldons said...

He's such a stud! Your little man is growing up and consider yourself blessed that he doesn't do the "nursery freak outs" like so many kids in our ward do. They will only play if their parent is in the room and if their parents leaves, all heck breaks loose and they have a nervous breakdown.

AdamOndi said...

Yeah, Joshua has never been like that. He sometimes gets a little worried if neither of us is around, but most of the time he is totally fine with it. And he loves nursery. I think he is just happy to have someone to play with other than the kitties.