Thursday, November 13, 2008

Boys will be boys...I guess

The other night Adam and I were watching Sports Soup and there was a clip of a couple of teenage boys playing ping pong that quickly turned into a game of "sting pong," as they called it. One boy would raise the back of his shirt and stand with his back to the table while the other boy tried to hit the ball as hard as he could at the first boy's bare back. After the initial wince of pain, the two boys would laugh and laugh. Then they would switch places and laugh some more.

While we were watching this clip, I found it slightly amusing, but Adam was laughing hysterically. He explained to me that this is what boys do, hurt each other and laugh at it. I don't really understand it, but Adam grew up with 5 brothers, so I guess he knows what he's talking about. He also has the scars to prove it.

Can anyone else explain why boys do what they do, or is this just one of the unexplainable differences between boys and girls?

3 comments:

AdamOndi said...

Just to clarify, the rules of "Sting Pong," from what I could gather from the clip, were that you played like normal ping pong, but if you lost a point, then you turned your back, lifted your shirt, and had to let your opponent hit you with the ping pong ball. It wasn't just randomly nailing each other with the ping pong ball.

This was very funny to me because it adds a little extra incentive to not lose points in the game. Plus, it was a 13-year-old kid playing against a guy that looked to be in his early 20s. How could that be anything but funny?

the sheldons said...

That is hilarious. I can totally see Adam playing that with Bret and Kacey. You guys are brutal.

AdamOndi said...

Maybe. However, as the owner of a scar in my head from the ping pong paddle that Erik threw at my head when I was 7, I think, I would be hesitant to turn my back on either Brek or Kacy in a game of Sting Pong.