Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick-or-Treat

We had a pretty low-key, but fun, Halloween this year. Adam had to work, so I went to my parents' house for the evening. Joshua got a Tigger costume for Christmas last year from his Grandma Hansen. It barely fit him, and because he was so wiggly when I put it on him, I didn't even get the snaps around the crotch area snapped up. My brother Kevin and his family came over, too, and after dinner Kevin, Brandie, and I took the four grandkids out trick-or-treating around my parents' neighborhood.



Taylor (ballerina witch), Brooklynn (regular ballerina), Ryan (Eeyore), and Joshua (Tigger).



Aren't they the cutest boys ever?



Trick-or-treating sounds like fun until you are out with toddlers who can't keep up with the big girls and you end up having to carry them most of the time. It didn't help that we chose to go to the hilly part of the neighborhood with steep driveways and lots of steps instead of the flat part of the neighborhood. Joshua still had fun, though. He didn't quite get the concept and instead tried to go in the houses when the people opened the door. He succeeded one time, but luckily it was a neighbor we knew from when we were growing up.



When we got back to my parents' house, he realized his bucket was full of candy and thought that was pretty cool.



Ryan and Joshua had fun pilfering through the girls' piles of candy.

All in all, we had a good time and a pretty successful first time trick-or-treating.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I love the look of your blog! And, of course, you are right- Joshua was the cutest!

lisapants said...

Christina - thank you, I like our new blog, too.